I will be attending the 2012 Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM) Conference being held in Atlanta starting Sunday, June 23 and going through Wednesday, June 27. I am going as one of the Bloggers invited to participate. It is a big social media push in order to share the conference with many of you. Blogger Heather Dutcher published her list of the Top 10 Sexiest Sessions to Attend at #SHRM12. Blogger Ben Eubanks published My Top 8 SHRM12 Sessions. My list is different than Ben’s and certainly not the sexy list that Heather published. Nope, my targeted session are focused around that boring, but necessary, world of compliance. So here are the Top Ten Session Targets for Mike Haberman’s SHRM12 Conference.
- The Top 10 Wage Payment Mistakes that Companies Make that Create Huge $$$ Legal Exposure. Not the sexiest of title and it is at 7 am on Monday, but I plan on learning something here.
- Employee Handbooks: Every word counts. Yes they do. I have written many, so I am always looking for ways to do it better.
- What Every HR Leader Should Know about Strategic Planning. The title says it.
- Modern Management is Obsolete- Are You Ready for the Next Level? I just mentioned to a friend many of the problems we have with managers.
- Pay for Performance- Break Away Success Strategies– A big issue for companies today.
- Help! The Auditors are Coming!– A session on the use of independent contractors.
- Please Sue Me 2012– I have a client that seems to have an employee who is trying to get fired so she can sue… hope I get some tips.
- Five Must-Have Policies- I will keep you in suspense.
- The Secret to Successfully Rolling Out Performance Management– always a conundrum.
- Well I am undecided on the last one. You will have to wait and see.
I am also looking forward to hearing Condy Rice, Malcolm Gladwell, Jim Collins and Tom Brokaw.
I will spend a lot of time in the Exhibition Hall visiting with vendors (and trying to win stuff.)
So stay tuned. There may be more than one post per day. You can also follow the Blogger Buzz on the SHRM website. You will also be able to follow me on Twitter, look for @mikehaberman for comments and snippets. Look for the hashtag #shrm12 to get what everyone is saying on Twitter.
Sign up for free HR Solutions updates via email