I was thumbing through a notebook of mine while I was waiting for an appointment to arrive. I was reading a book called Futuring: The Exploration of the Future by Edward Cornish. In my notebook I had jotted some random thoughts on the future of HR. I would like your comments on my musings.
Here they are:
- People will carry their employment history on a scanable card eliminating the need for resumes. This may increase the accuracy of information.
- HR will have a greater role in managing the technology of workers, thus they will need greater technical skills themselves.
- Recruiters will transform into agent who represent workers for their working life negotiating wages, benefit and other employment terms.
- Employee perceptions of how the world operates is grounded in their personal view so HR will have to constantly work on revealing the real world to the employees.
- The number of HR related laws will increase to the point it will be necessary to have HR professionals trained to think like attorneys or to actually be an attorney.
- Because of the greater emphasis on the importance of understanding relationships HR professionals will need to have training in the psychology of relationships.
- HR will need training in system theory and scenario planning.
What do you think of my thoughts?
What are your thoughts of the future of HR?
Sign up for free HR Solutions updates via email