Jon Ingham is the host of the End of May edition of the HR Carnival. He calls this one The What do All Day edition. I had the good fortune to meet and connect with Jon when he was here in Atlanta for the HRevolution 2011 conference. In addition to being a very nice guy he is also a consultant, speaker, teacher, instructor and former practioner. I was surprised by how much he and I have in common.
In this edition he provides us with twenty one (21) posts that describe a wide variety of the pieces of HR that get done on a daily basis. Included, but not all inclusive are the following:
- Robin Schooling’s post at HR Schoolhouse reflecting on Just a Coupla Chicks Having an HR Conversation
- Cathy Missildine-Martin, Profitability Through Human Capital discusses High Potentials vs. High Performers
- Mark Stelzner, Inflexion Advisors provides 4 Reasons Change Is So Damn Hard
- Susan Heathfield, About.com Human Resources asks Does Panty Hose Matter?
- Ian Welsh, HR Toolbox Employee Relations blogs discusses Human Resources Professionals of the Future – HR Big Brother!
- Christine Livingstone at A Different Kind of Work who offers 3 Little-Known Factors That Could Ease Your Transition From Corporate Job To Solopreneurs
That is just a sampling of the great posts to read over the weekend. For those of us in the U.S. we have a three day weekend, so sit down, have a beer or a glass of wine and educate youself by reading the posts from The What Do We Do All Day edition of the HR Carnival. And while you are at it give a moment to think of all those who have sacrificed themselves in the service of our country.
Sign up for free HR Solutions updates via email