Drew Tarvin, who is a humor consultant (yep, that is a real job) is the host of this early August issue of the Carnival of HR. There is quite a collection of blog posts, some dealing with humor, some not. (Mine doesn’t.) Here is a sample:
- Become Unnoticeable to Be Noticed – Getting noticed in the corporate world means doing the “non-sexy” work exceptionally well.
- Don’t Pick My Pocket Just Because I’m Female – Wo(ah)man, that’s not right–even in female dominated professions men are still paid disproportionately more money.
- Everyone has their own Trevor – Why “your cat not letting you do your work” is no longer a good excuse.
- Five Ways to Disarm an Angry Mob – AKA delivering not-necessarily-happy news. Does not cover how to create the angry mob.
- Getting the Most Out of International Assignments – Improving the value of international assignments regardless of currency, except Monopoly money.
And much, much more. The Carnival can be found at Carnival of HR: Humor at Work Edition so check it out and do some learning.
Hey, you might even find a chuckle or two….
Sign up for free HR Solutions updates via email